Monday, December 13, 2010

Women and Ranching in the 1960's

Its annoying that I can find multitudes of info on ranching in the early 1900's but hit a wall after the 1930-1940. I would prefer anecdotal but all I can get are charts and tables on the economics of the practice. Frustrating to say the least. Its been about a month since i've seriously engaged in this research and its a bit disheartening to see so little of what I need out there. I have a list of material that i need to get at the Archives in Edmonton, the Galt Museum and  the Glenbow to get to, which at my current financial state is next to impossible. But I've managed to get access to a number of online archives and libraries which has given me some hope, and my local library seems to have some good information although the 3 books by Hank Pallister would really help but VPL doesn't have them.

No comments: